The Pirate Party Delegation in the European Parliament is looking for a PR Expert to support their work in Brussels.
- Coordinating PR & media communication of the European Pirates delegation in the European Parliament and fostering collaboration on PR in the delegation;
- Managing presentation of the delegation;
- Establishing cooperation with the Media Department of the German Pirate Party as well as with our political group in the European Parliament;
- Establishing cooperation with the European Pirate Party and Pirate Parties across Europe;
- Providing media support for the delegation – preparation of press releases, organization and moderation of press conferences and other media activities, media monitoring, preparation of documents and other topics in cooperation with their teams and PR assistants;
- Taking pictures and camera or audio recordings in the European Parliament and at events in Brussels and managing cooperation with external staff when they are taken externally;
- Maintaining and improving delegation’s long-term campaigns;
- Facilitating short-term and long-term communication strategies;
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with German and foreign journalists;
- Monitoring of PR outcomes.
- Obtained education in the fields such as journalism, political marketing, political science, European studies, or other related fields, or other evidence of relevant expertise;
- At least 2 years of work experience with media, media communication, PR, or political marketing;
- Excellent knowledge of German and English language. Knowledge of Czech or other languages is an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure in the fast-paced work environment;
- Knowledge of German and foreign, especially European, media environment;
- Alignment with the Pirate program priorities
- Good relations and contacts with journalists and editors are an advantage;
- Knowledge of functioning and mechanisms of the European Parliament and other European institutions as well as knowledge of EU policies is an advantage;
- Personal integrity and professional approach to the work.
- Willingness to use Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- Enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- Willingness to occasionally travel to Strasbourg, Germany, or on other missions;
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Full time work contract/40 hours per week;
- A competitive salary based on previous experience, in-line with the rules of the Parliament and of our political group;
- Prestigious work in a cosmopolitan city, where every day is a new challenge;
- Interesting cooperation with political and media personalities.
Place of work: Brussels
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and a cover letter in English containing your vision of working on this position and examples of your previous work relevant for this position.
Start date: as soon as possible or upon agreement
The applicant will send the necessary documentationby 22 September 2020 to email@example.com (PGPkey). Please use the subject line “PR Expert: YOUR NAME”. The nomination team has the right to extend the deadline. The first round is done by evaluating the submitted documents. The second round is done by a written assessment. The third round is done by a personal interview. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the media department, HR, and the MEPs.