We are offering a full-time paid position as trainee to strengthen the Pirate MEP’s team (duration: 3-5 months). By completing the traineeship you qualify to apply for the position of a local assistant to Patrick Breyer based in Berlin with a focus on communications work (full-time or part-time).
As a trainee you will be called upon to perform a multitude of tasks including:
- Supporting the assistants in their respective fields of expertise. This may include policy research, event organisation, social media community management, communication and meetings.
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the office. You will be trained to handle administrative, procurement and accounting tasks on your own.
The position requires great flexibility and adaptability: irregular working hours, varying workloads, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, and the capacity for teamwork in an international environment. Irregular travels to Strasbourg can be expected.
- Studies or experience in fields relevant to the position
- A general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament
- Fluent in English and German (Fluency in Czech, French and other languages is an asset)
- An understanding of the core values of the Pirate movement
- personal integrity and professional approach to the work;
- willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- full support for transparency in public affairs as well as deep respect for privacy in personal matters.
Terms and conditions:
Preferred starting day for the contract is 1/9/2019. The internship allowance shall be of 1.300 € per month.
To apply, please submit CV and a detailed covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position. You can apply here.