Member of the European Parliament Patrick Breyer (Pirate Party, Greens/EFA group) is looking for an Accredited Parliamentary Assistant to work in Brussels, with a focus on administration and communications.
Patrick works in the LIBE and JURI committees with a focus on privacy and Internet freedom.
Your tasks will include
- Managing the MEP’s agenda, mailbox and calendar;
- organising events and visits to the EP;
- managing the various budgets;
- supporting and assisting in communications activities;
- coordinating the work with policy advisers in Brussels and local assistants in Berlin and Kiel;
- communicating with institutions and citizens;
- carrying out parliamentary administrative duties.
- a general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament;
- studies or experience in a field relevant to the position;
- organisational skills, flexibility, reliability, proactive approach to work;
- experience with office software;
- fluency in both German and English; proficiency in French, Czech or other languages is an asset;
- an understanding of the core values of the Pirate movement;
- personal integrity and professional approach to work;
- passion for Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- willingness to occasionally travel abroad (mainly to Strasbourg and Germany);
- enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- full support for transparency in public affairs and full respect for privacy in personal matters.
- Full-time position as Accredited Parliamentary Assistant (APA) in Brussels
- The position will initially be a six months contract as an accredited assistant in the European Parliament, to be extended until the end of the mandate in 2024;
- The salary will depend on experience and will be determined in accordance with parliamentary regulations;
- The opportunity to participate in a meaningful and transparent policy.
See also the brochure “Your job as an Accredited Parliamentary Assistant [en, fr, de]”
- Apply by 28 March 2022 by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP key), with a curriculum vitae and a cover letter (in English) explaining your motivation and skills. Please use the subject line “Administrative Assistant – YOUR NAME”
- Preferred starting date: 1 May 2022.