Would you like to join my team for and experience the day-to-day work of a Member of the European Parliament? In support of my political work in Brussels which focuses on protecting fundamental rights in the digital era, I am looking for a trainee in communications and administration.
The internship will take place between September and December 2021 and should last 3-4 months. Your place of work will be in the European Parliament in Brussels.
Your working time will average 40 hours per week. You will receive a monthly allowance of 1,300EUR per month.
- minimum age of 18 years
- no previous work experience as a trainee or assistant in the European Parliament
- no other employment contract during the internship
- living in Brussels for the duration of the internship
- fluency in English is essential, our working language is English
- proficiency in German is an asset
- willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies
- full support for transparency in public affairs and deep respect for privacy in personal matters
- Basic knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in public relations and communications, particularly in social media management
- Proficiency in using OpenOffice Writer, Calc and Draw or equivalent
- Experience in graphic design and/or video-editing is an asset
- Experience in using WordPress is an asset
- Assisting with the editing and publishing of website content and social media content
- Assisting with the editing and publishing of press releases
- Assisting with creating and editing infographics and other visuals or videos for online communications
- Assisting in organising events
- Supporting office organisation and administrative tasks
If you would like to join my team as a trainee, please send your application documents (CV [without picture] and motivation letter) as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP key optionally available here), using the subject line “PR/Admin Traineeship Application [YOUR NAME]”. Please indicate the earliest possible starting date, the latest possible termination date and the duration of the traineeship you are applying for.
Deadline for applications is 25 June 2021