Internship as a press spokesperson, to qualify as a local assistant in Berlin
MEP Patrick Breyer (Pirate Party) offers a paid full-time internship as press spokesperson in Brussels (duration 3-5 months). By completing the internship, you will qualify for the position of a local parliamentary assistant based in Berlin with a focus on press and communication work.
Patrick’s focus is on the protection of privacy and digital rights.
Your tasks will include
- proactive placement of parliamentary work (including exclusive information) in the media
- proactive contact with journalists and other external communications
- coordinating public relations with the team of the four Pirate MEPs
- supporting the day-to-day administration of the office of the Member of Parliament, e.g. by processing electronic mail
- monitoring the relevant media coverage
- writing / coordinating press releases and blog posts on your own initiative
- studies or experience in a field relevant to the position (press contacts are of advantage);
- a general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament;
- fluency in English and German (knowledge of Czech, French and other languages are an advantage);
- an understanding of the core values of the pirate movement;
- personal integrity and professional approach to work;
- willingness to work with open source software and other open technologies;
- enthusiasm for working in an international team;
- full support for transparency in public affairs and full respect for privacy in personal matters.
Preferred starting date: As soon as possible (probably 1 March). The internship allowance is 1,300 € per month.
To apply, please send by post or e-mail to email@example.com (PGP key), before 3 February 2020, your CV and a detailed covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the position.