Job offer: Administrative Trainee in the European Parliament (archived)
European Pirates Delegation in the European Parliament – Deadline: 18 Nov 2019
Four Pirate MEPs are looking for trainees in their Brussels offices. As a trainee you will be given an opportunity to learn a wide variety of tasks.
The Administrative trainee will support the Delegation’s Administrative Assistants with all duties related to exercise of MEPs mandates, including:
- helping with organisation of events and conferences
- assisting with organisation of visitors groups in Brussels and Strasbourg
- managing the MEPs’ calendar and meetings
- supporting budget management and contributing to its transparency
- arranging meetings
- cooperating with local offices
- assisting with any other daily tasks
- a full-time traineeship
- a monthly remuneration of 1 000 €
- opportunity to work in Brussels in an international team
- possibility to accompany the Pirate MEPs to plenary sessions in Strasbourg
- chance to work in the best Delegation and to contribute to a meaningful and transparent policy making
- enthusiasm, motivation, pro-activity and dedication
- the ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- good sense of humor
- excellent oral and written knowledge of English is mandatory; Czech/ German/ French are an asset
- age 18+
- EU citizenship
- general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament
- understanding of the core values of the Pirate movement
- personal integrity and professional approach to work
- willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies
- full support for transparency in public affairs as well as respect for privacy in personal matters
How to apply:
send a CV (max 2 pages)
since the European Pirates are not a traditional delegation, we do not expect a traditional cover letter: send a cover letter that contains:
- why do you want to work for European Pirates
- what do you want to focus on during your traineeship
- what do you envision the result of your stay with the European Pirates delegation to be
- what is your motivation for the traineeship
- be creative and show us who you are and why we should choose you.
- the cover letter CANNOT exceed 1,5 A4 page (font size 11)
send the documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th November 2019.
The length of the traineeship is 3 to 6 months depending on mutual agreement (possibility of extension).
Starting date: depending on mutual agreement; preferably by January/ February 2020.
Job offer: Administrative Trainee in the European Parliament https://www.patrick-breyer.de/?p=589872&lang=en