Member of the European Parliament Patrick Breyer (Pirate Party) is looking for a German and English speaking privacy expert to be employed as his Accredited Parliamentary Assistant in Brussels. Patrick works in the LIBE and JURI committees with a focus on privacy and Internet freedom.
As Parliamentary Assistant you will be called upon to perform a multitude of tasks including:
- supporting legislative work;
- offering political advice, drafting parliamentary positions and legislative amendments;
- keeping up to date on the political and academic debate within the field;
- contact with relevant stakeholders (NGOs, industry, academia), liaising with other political groups’ offices, in-house communication, the management, organization and follow-up of meetings, research, information, administrative and communication tasks.
The job requires great flexibility and adaptability: irregular working hours, varying workloads, ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines, and the capacity for teamwork in an international environment, with diplomacy skills. Regular travels to Strasbourg can be expected.
- a general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament;
- a keen interest in privacy law;
- privacy-related work experience in a political/government organization/NGO; connections to civil liberties/privacy NGOs are an asset;
- academic degree in the relevant field is an asset;
- proficiency in English and German; fluency in French, Czech or other languages is an asset;
- an understanding of the core values of the Pirate movement;
- personal integrity and professional approach to the work;
- willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- enthusiasm for work in an international team;
- full support for transparency in public affairs as well as deep respect for privacy in personal matters.
- full time position as an Accredited Parliamentary Assistant (APA) in Brussels;
- the position will initially be a one year contract as accredited assistant in the European Parliament with the possibility of extension;
- salary is based on experience and in accordance with Parliamentary regulation;
- work in the best political party with possibility to participate in a meaningful and transparent policy.
Requirements for selection:
The applicant will send the necessary documentation.
The condition for being included in the selection procedure is to send a structured CV and a cover letter containing a vision of the position. The winner’s CV and cover letter may be published if the applicant consents.
Preferred starting date: As soon as possible.
The first round is done by evaluating the CV, motivation and previous experiences. The second round is realized in the form of practical verification of the required criteria. The evaluation is carried out by an evaluation committee composed of representatives of the MEP and the Human Resources Department. Third round by personal interview. An applicant who has successfully completed the second round may be invited to the third round (interview) for other positions listed in the Group.
- Position Requirements 45%
- Knowledge of pirate program and argumentation 10%
- Overall impression 15%
- Motivation 15%
- Experience / Education 15%
You can apply here.
You can read more about Patrick Breyer here.