- Diese Veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
Online Dialogue: Civic tech to support European civil society in times of crisis
Mittwoch, 6. Mai um 15:30 - 17:00
Join our online dialogue to discuss strategies to strengthen European civil society during the COVID-19 crisis. This event is organised by the European Policy Centre’s Connecting Europe project and the European Hub for Civic Engagement, a project of Das Progressive Zentrum, together with Alliance4Europe and Citizens For Europe.
In the light of the COVID-19 crisis, civil society is likely to face an even more challenging environment. At this online event, we will explore potential measures the EU could take to support a diverse and sustainable civil society across Europe and how digital technologies – that have gained so much traction during the crisis – can effectively strengthen democracy. Together with representatives of the EU institutions and co-builders from the European Hub for Civic Engagement, the discussion will focus on identifying concrete solutions.
- Patrick Breyer, Member of European Parliament, Member of LIBE Committee, Greens/EFA
- Gilles Pelayo, Head of Unit Europe for Citizens programme Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, European Commission
- Paulina Fröhlich, Head of Programme, Future of Democracy, Das Progressive Zentrum
- Christian Miess, Network Coordinator, Citizens For Europe
- Omri Preiss, Managing Director, Alliance4Europe
- Sophie Pornschlegel, Connecting Europe Project Leader, European Policy Centre
Register here for the event.
This event is a cooperation of the European Policy Centre’s Connecting Europe project and the European Hub for Civic Engagement, a project of Das Progressive Zentrum, together with Alliance4Europe and Citizens For Europe.