Digital Services Act: How can we apply human rights due diligence to content moderation?
Donnerstag, 29. Juli um 17:30 - 18:30
High-Level Panel Discussion
Register here. Login instructions will be sent to registered attendees in advance of the event.
You can also livestream the event on CDT’s YouTube page.
29 July 2021
17:30 – 18:20 CET
(11:30 AM – 12:20 PM ET)
- What are the potential opportunities and challenges with the current proposed due diligence regime in the DSA?
- What similarities and differences are there in business and human rights due diligence for supply chains vs. due diligence for online speech ?
- What lessons can be learned about how best to verify and share lessons from human rights due diligence?
- What would be the best human rights due diligence model for the DSA?
This high-level panel will be an online public event, where leaders in the area of business and human rights and online speech will discuss the challenges and opportunities put forward by due diligence in the DSA.
- David Kaye, Chair of the Global Network Initiative Board and former UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression
- Peggy Hicks, Director, UN Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Patrick Breyer, MEP, Rapporteur of the LIBE opinion on the DSA
Accessibility: If you have access needs or questions, please contact Timothy Hoagland (he/him), CDT Deputy Director of Communications, in advance of the event via email at email@example.com.