Member of the European Parliament Patrick Breyer (Pirate Party) is looking for an English speaking assistant to be employed in Brussels. Patrick works in the LIBE and JURI committees with a focus on privacy and Internet freedom.
As Junior Policy Assistant you will be called upon to perform a multitude of tasks including:
- supporting me in my parliamentary work (preparation, expertise, analysis, summaries, advice, drafting) including political communications and outreach;
- keeping up to date on the political and academic debate within the field as well as related news and case-law;
- contact with relevant stakeholders (NGOs, industry, academia), liaising with other political groups’ offices, in-house communication, the management, organisation and follow-up of meetings, research, information, administrative and communication tasks.
The job requires great flexibility and adaptability: irregular working hours, varying workloads, ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines, and the capacity for teamwork in an international environment, with diplomacy skills.
- degree in the relevant field; legal expertise is of advantage;
- policy work experience in a political/government organisation/NGO related to privacy or tech-nology
- a general understanding of the European Union and the European Parliament,;
- fluency in English; fluency in German or French is of advantage;
- a keen interest in privacy and technology;
- an understanding of the core values of the Pirate movement;
- personal integrity and professional approach to the work;
- willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies;
- enthusiasm for work in an international team;
- full support for transparency in public affairs as well as deep respect for privacy in personal matters.
- full time position as an Accredited Parliamentary Assistant (APA) in Brussels;
- salary in accordance with Parliamentary regulation;
- possibility to support a meaningful and transparent policy.
How to apply:
Please send a structured CV and a cover letter containing a vision of the position by 15/01/2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP key optionally available here), using the subject line “Application Junior Policy Advisor [YOUR NAME]”.
Preferred starting date: February 2022.