The office of MEP Patrick Breyer is looking for a campaigner on data retention and mass surveillance. The position will be offered on a freelance basis. The campaigner will support the political work of Patrick Breyer with a view to facilitating an EU-level project against data retention measures. The project will closely collaborate with civil society organisations and political actors throughout the European Union.
- Develop and maintain relationships with civil society organisations and external partners.
- Prepare and coordinate regular exchanges with civil society organisations and external partners.
- Develop, implement and evaluate public communication strategies and engagement with citizens and stakeholders.
- Draft social media material and press communications.
- Prepare and oversee campaign events
- Support and execute legal research on the subject of data retention.
- Draft policy briefings
- Freelance (working hours when it suits you)
- Remuneration: 1500 EUR per month for an estimated 15 hours a week workload
- Location: remote
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Deadline for Applications: 24 November 2021
Please note that for legal reasons this position cannot be offered to a member of the German Pirate Party.
- Experience in campaigning at national/European level
- Knowledge in the functioning of European institutions
- Understanding of and interest in the fight against mass surveillance, particularly knowledge of the history of data retention laws at EU and national level
- Excellent communication skills in English and German (other languages are an asset)
- Willingness to work with Open Source Software and other open technologies
- Full support for transparency in public affairs and deep respect for privacy in personal matters
If you would like to apply, please send your application documents (CV [without picture] and motivation letter) as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP key optionally available here), using the subject line “Application DR Campaigner [YOUR NAME]”